Antivirus software is a type of cyber-security software that can detect, remove, and prevent your device from malware and viruses. When you use the internet without antivirus software, your device is more likely to become infected. As a result, having an antivirus app on your Android devices is critical. The best antivirus software scans and removes malicious programs automatically, as well as protects your device from serious threats.
Android devices have their own security, but it is insufficient. You will receive regular security patch updates, just like you would with regular Android updates. However, installing an antivirus on your Android phones and tablets provides more security. For your android phone, there is a wide range of antivirus apps. Here is a list of the best Android antivirus programs that we bring, which you might find useful.
The Best Antivirus for Android
Some efficient and professionally recommended best antivirus for Android smartphones and tablets are listed below.
1. Norton Mobile Security
Norton Mobile Security is a virus scanner and cleaner for Android that helps to keep your device safe from malware. You can also use an anti-malware scan to get rid of malicious apps that can harm or slow down your device. It can safeguard your online privacy and security by informing you if a third party is tracking your location or attempting to access your data without your permission. Moreover, Norton is an all-in-one app that includes a small firewall and a password manager to keep all of your logins safe. It provides up to 10 GB of cloud backup storage depending on your premium plan.
Key Features of Norton Mobile Security
- Blocks fraudulent websites to protect you from online scams.
- Apps with malware and viruses are not allowed to be installed on your device.
- Apps with viruses, spyware, and other threats are scanned and removed.
- Defends against ransomware infections.
- Before you download apps from Google Play, it tells you if they contain intrusive adware. It also warns you about operating system threats and security certificates.
- Locates your stolen or lost Android device on a map.
- Apps are automatically scanned and privacy risks are displayed before they are downloaded.
- Protects your personal information from malicious websites that try to infect you with ransomware, Trojans, and malware.
2. Bitdefender Mobile Security
Bitdefender is a multi-award-winning security program that uses cutting-edge virus detection and cloud scanning technology. All of your active apps are closely monitored by the real-time threat detection feature. The virus scanning and malware removal feature sniffs out viruses, trojans, and rootkits and removes them as well. It combats online fraud by blocking phishing websites that appear to be legitimate. On Android, Bitdefender can also be used as a VPN. This protects you from online theft and hacking while also allowing you to access geo-restricted content. It provides security for both the free and premium versions.
Key Features of Bitdefender Mobile Security
- The best security for your Android phone and tablet.
- Also, provides a secure VPN for a fast, anonymous, and secure web browsing experience.
- In the event of a loss or theft, you can remotely locate, lock, and wipe your Android device.
- Account Security checks to see if your email account has been hacked.
- The best defense against any infection, whether online or offline.
- Battery life is minimally impacted.
- Anti-theft features that are both powerful and fast.
3. Avast Mobile Security
Avast Mobile Security Antivirus is among the most effective security programs available, protecting your device from malware, viruses, and other malicious apps. It comes in both a free and a commercial plan. Anti-theft, blocking unpleasant calls, encrypting your photos, and scanning WiFi networks for vulnerabilities are just a few of the features offered by Avast Antivirus. Avast Security Pro protects your device from ransomware that can cause havoc. To avoid advertisements, you can upgrade to Avast premium. It’s more than just an antivirus; it also acts as a VPN, allowing you to access restricted content while concealing your identity.
Key Features of Avast Mobile Security
- Performed scans on a regular basis to detect threats and vulnerabilities.
- Also, prevent your Android device from being infected with viruses and other malware.
- Able to block all potential threats to your device.
- Protect yourself from malware-infected web links.
- Before you install any apps, make sure they aren’t malicious.
- Check any Wi-Fi network’s security.
- Both online and offline, keep intruders out of your business.
- VPN allows you to hide your online activity and access geo-restricted content.
4. Avira Antivirus for Android
Avira Antivirus is a comprehensive security suite that includes a virus scanner, malware remover, and system optimizer. The WebgGuard module will remove adware and spyware from your device, allowing you to browse safely. This app protects your device from ransomware and ensures that your data is safe from unauthorized access. It also serves as the best free VPN for accessing geo-restricted websites and blocking harmful websites.
Key Features of Avira Antivirus
- Viruses, spyware, and malware are scanned, blocked, and removed.
- VPN encrypts data, anonymizes browsing, and unblocks geo-restricted websites.
- To boost system performance, clear the memory and storage on your device.
- Checks to see if any of your email addresses or accounts have been compromised.
- You can choose which apps have access to your device’s camera.
- Phone Tracker locates, tracks, and recovers your lost or stolen phone.
- Protect your sensitive apps with an Applock PIN (chat, calls, Skype, etc.)
- Access to malicious or phishing websites is blocked.
- You can choose which apps have access to your microphone.
5. Google Play Protect
Google Play Protect is a popular Android threat protection service that includes a number of malware protection tools. It is a continuous protection app that works to keep your device safe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It monitors your device and all installed apps in the background to ensure that you are safe from malicious attacks. Install this app on your Android device to protect it from being lost or misplaced. Google Play Protect will monitor your online activities and notify you immediately if any threats are detected.
Key Features of Google Play Protect
- Defend yourself from malicious apps.
- Before you download apps from the Google Play Store, it performs a safety check.
- Checks for potentially harmful apps downloaded from other sources on your device.
- Notifies you of any potentially harmful apps that have been detected.
- Apps that are known to be harmful are removed from your device.
- When you install apps, Google Play Protect verify and scans them.
- Scans your device for malicious apps on a regular basis.
- If it detects a potentially harmful app, it will prompt you to uninstall it.
- If a potentially harmful app is detected, you will receive a notification that the app has been removed.
6. Kaspersky Antivirus
Kaspersky Antivirus is a Google Play Store-based internet security program. It is, without a doubt, the best security service available, with an advanced and licensed security suite that protects you from malware, spyware, trackers, and webcam spies, as well as blocking unauthorized access. It includes an advanced anti-malware and anti-phishing tool in addition to a basic antivirus scanner. The Kaspersky app lock feature uses a secret code to protect your private communications and financial information. While working online, it acts as a VPN, unblocking all restricted content and encrypting all data sent over the internet.
Key Features of Kaspersky Antivirus
- At all costs, protects your phones and tablets, as well as your privacy.
- Ultimate mobile security to keep everything safe.
- Apps, websites, and files that are suspicious are blocked.
- Allows you to restrict access to certain apps.
- Stops spyware from listening in on your calls, texts, and location.
- Anti-theft tools are included to keep your phone and data safe.
- To combat new threats, it employs machine learning.
- If your device is lost or stolen, your data is protected.
- Controlling security functions and more is simple and convenient via the internet.
- Malware scanning for apps and devices is automated.
- Phishing sites and SMS links are blocked.
- Protects your important apps by encrypting them with a secret code.
- Allows you to keep your calls, texts, and logs private from watchful eyes.
7. 360 Safe Security Antivirus
360 Safe Security Antivirus is the all-in-one power cleaner, smart speed booster, and antivirus app that optimizes your background apps, memory storage, junk files & battery power, keeping your device safe from virus. It also has the best virus detection and protection available. Cloud technology aids in the detection and blocking of ransomware. It comes with a document protector that backs up all of your documents automatically, preventing data loss. It’s a phone booster as well as a smart cache cleaner.
Key Features of 360 Safe Security Antivirus
- 360 Safe Security provides complete virus protection.
- Automatically scan installed apps, memory card content, and new apps.
- Uses the latest virus, adware, and malware protection technologies.
- To free up space, delete all types of junk files, including system cache, image cache, and video cache.
- Clean up your phone’s memory (RAM) to improve speed and performance.
- When the phone is locked, check its status automatically.
- Manage your notifications to ensure you don’t miss any important information.
- Assist in the blocking of unwanted/spam phone calls and text messages.
- To keep your phone safe from insecure public WiFi, detect the current WiFi connection.
- Scan installed apps and local APK files, as well as keeping an eye on the installation process.
- Secures online Payment and transactions.
You may also like:
- Best Antivirus for Windows
- The Best Antivirus Apps for iPhone
- Best Antispyware Software
- Best Internet Security Software
- Top 9 Best Parental Control Software
Our Opinion Regarding Best Antivirus for Android
The above are the best antivirus apps available for Android smartphones and tablets. By installing the best antivirus app, you can stay secured from malware and threatening viruses. Google Play Protect comes pre-installed on your Android device but you can still install other antivirus apps and enjoy its benefits as well.