Ages ago, analyzing structures while building designs were considered a bit difficult task and the use of expensive software made it more difficult and out of reach for every engineer. After striving for years, Best 3D Analysis Software was introduced that enables you to analyze your structures effectively. Now you don’t need any expensive software or special hardware for analyzing 3D structures and models for your projects.
3D analysis software is widely used in digital production and creates the 3D representation of any object. Using this software you can iterate every component of a designed structure. While working on a project you want to analyze the effect of all forces applied to your model and want to predict the behavior of the model before it reaches its final stage. This way, this software can form structurally stable structures after revising the model and adjusting it accordingly.
List of Top 6 Best 3D Analysis Software
As a civil engineer, you might want software that is easy to use and offers many designing tools. We have sifted through different software and found some of the best software. Here, we have brought the most widely used best 3D analysis software for you. This top-rated software allows you to meet various designing goals.
You might like to read 7 Best Illustration Software for Vector Graphics.
Best 3D Analysis Software
Let’s take a peek at each software and know their striking features.
1. Autodesk VRED
In the automotive industry, a great evolution was made with the introduction of Autodesk VRED. This top-notch software allows you to use it conveniently, and it offers greater control than its competitors. Since it offers two modes of its interface. If you want a clear and decluttered interface, you can choose its simple mode. While it offers a feature-rich interface that contains many top-notch features. You can switch between the two modes anytime.
Whether you want to create a high-quality imaginary or want to use it for design review, this is the tool that you need. It contains metals, woods, plastic, and other components and with the drag and drop option, you can apply materials to your model. It supports the rayfile format and enables you to define emissive materials. Rayfile captures sources perfectly and defines the lighting conditions for your model. You can use ray-traced and a pre-calculated mode within the same tool.
Features of Autodesk VRED
- It provides a degree of control to its users
- Base 3D geometry and complex geometry
- The user interface is available in simple and complex modes
- It provides real-time, progressive, and pre-baked rendering tools
- Scenegraph with hierarchical components
- A variety of 3D data import formats are available
- Accurate calculation of ambient occlusion
- A wide range of animated tools
2. ESSS Rocky DEM
It is a high-performance state-of-art simulation tool that accurately models the system using Discrete Element Modeling (DEM). It mainly deals with the bulk of materials and each particle of granules. Also, it uses different literation models and calculates particle acceleration. It describes the contact behavior of each particle.
Additionally, it uses advanced physical models including multiphysics models that simulate multiphase multicomponent flows.it features complex motion that specifies 6 degrees of freedom. If you want to get a realistic representation of particles it contains custom 3D and 2D particles that allow you to achieve this. Besides the breakage model, it contains energy spectra that predict the probability related to breakage.
Moreover, it captures changes in temperature by using thermal models for heat transfer. It is coupled with the Ansys Workbench suite of products and Ansys Mechanical software that allows you to perform coupling analysis and predict structural response.
Features of ESSS Rocky DEM
- Customizable Application Programming Interface (API) and offers user experience integration
- It contains multibody dynamics, multi-particle shapes, and ABT10 and Tavares breakage models
- Multi-GPU hardware capacities to solve millions of particle problems
- Post-processing tools that give deep process insight by visualizing different metrics
- Scans the 3D object and define the behavior of materials
- It uses less memory to simulate many real-scale particles
- Integrated with Ansys Workbench gives accurate results while including coupling capabilities
3. 3DCS Variation Analyst
Are you a bit confused about your models and unable to make decisions about manufacturing processes? If yes then you need a strong analysis tool like 3DCS Variation Analyst that thoroughly analyzes the relationship between your parts and sources of variation. For more than two decades it has been used by many big companies and industries for the analysis process. Not only does it analyze the manufacturing process but also it enables you to predict its effect on the functionality of the final product and assembly.
Besides analyzing this powerful tool, optimizes Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing that ultimately optimizes the manufacturing process, and reduces the need for rework and scrap. If it finds any manufacturing issue then it aims to resolve these issues with the CAD models using measurement data. All in all, it minimizes the number of steps for optimization of the manufacturing process and boosts this process.
Features of 3DCS Variation Analyst
- Includes gap and flush conditions
- Determine how change has brought an impact on the product’s appearance
- Push-button reporting excel reports for sharing and helpful for collaboration
- Incorporates three analysis methods
- Monte Carlo Analysis, High-Low-Mean, and Geofactor Analysis
- Use Add-on modules to customize your setup
- Improve Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing that control scrap
As an engineer, you probably want a tool that loads your structure by automating different forces. STAAD.Pro will accommodate your loading requirements. Whether you want to design a building, a bridge, plants, marine objects, or anything else this software is packed with many materials including concrete, aluminum, and steel that make any type of structure for you. Amazingly, it is highly scalable that performs the first accurate analysis for different structural materials. Lastly, its authentic reports enable you to provide accurate information to your clients.
One most convincing feature about this program is that it contains an intuitive graphical environment that is flexible and easy to use. No doubt, it is a one-stop-shop structural analysis software that offers steel designs and concrete designs in one place. Moreover, it also improves the structure of available materials that make it stand out from the rest. It works with different programs that offer one solution for different engineering tasks and streamline your efforts by covering everything about structural engineering.
Features of STAAD.Pro
- It offers ease of use
- Can create 2D and 3D drawings structures
- WYSIWYG editor can edit designs
- Offers collaboration with many users and import/export files
- Reinforcement Tools for your structures
- Can detect clash like electrical conduit or ductwork
It is a cloud-based online 3D analysis software that does not need any installation and updating. So it updated automatically. This robust program solves complex issues and offers fast results instantly. Out of all 3D programs available it is the most affordable program that offers budget-friendly pricing scheduled and won’t charge any maintenance expenses.
Most of the users find it easy to use. You don’t need to spend hours understanding this program; you can learn it without putting in much effort. Moreover, its user-friendly interface is customizable and flexible and allows you to adjust as per your needs.
Admittedly, for structural analysis, you need different tools. Thanks to this program that provides all solutions for meeting structural analysis demands.
Features of SkyCiv
- An intuitive program that is flexible and easy to use.
- Contains some features that you can get freely.
- Built-in features such as Beam solver, section builder, beam truss, and more.
- Its customer support is responsive and professional.
- A cloud-based program that is available online with cloud-based solutions.
- The web-based program is available for Windows and Mac.
- Can be integrated with your excel sheet.
- Libraries are rich with material and structural elements.
The last on our list is the best 3D analysis software powered by RISA Technologies, Inc. RISA-3D is a superior construction software for structural analysis and design. With this high-performance software, you can follow up interest. It allows you to perform multi-material projects with its timber design codes, cold-form steel, concrete, and aluminum. You can form racks, arenas, bridges, rail, stadium, and other industrial and commercial structures using this software.
Furthermore, it has an excellent 3D layout that makes it easy for you to design simple and complex models as well. Also, its intuitive interface is user-friendly and allows you to create geometry graphically easily. The most interesting thing about this software is that it is available as a freemium. It means you can use all its advanced and basic features without spending a single penny.
Features of RISA-3D
- Excellent customer support
- Easy to use interface
- Compatible with iOS, Windows, or Android devices
- Includes advanced modeling tools
- It contains robust analysis tools
- Shows a graphical and numerical representation of results while covering all detailed data
- Quick find, Properties panel, and Auto-zoom features allow you to edit models easily
- Amazing report printing options to make reports
Best 3D Analysis Software – Conclusion
We know that structural and modeling analysis requires much effort. So, we’ve got you covered and help you to perform analysis tasks without putting in much effort. All the software reviewed in this roundup is cost-effective and feature-rich. We hope that you’d find the best tool that enables you to create excellent structures and models for your upcoming projects.